Product

Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9th through September 15th

Sunday, September 9th
60 minutes of biking through Misquamicut, Avondale, and the Shore Road area.  After about 50 minutes of riding, I stopped by my parents house for a quick visit and coffee.  The final portion of my ride was simply a trip home.  Although I don't see it happening anytime soon, I'd love to use my car less and bike more as a means of transportation.  I was hoping for more physical activity (stretching, core work), but household chores and commitments prevented it.

Monday, September 10th
a.m. 15 minutes of stretching

p.m. 5 miles..(6:45 pace).  Played the cat & mouse game running again today.  Run hard, catch Kelsey, jog with her for a bit, and then run hard again.   To give my body a "break" and keep the tempo of the run up, I randomly dropped down and did push-ups during the run.  While the push-ups slowed my overall pace, they did give my hips a break.

The right side of my body/hip remains tight and sore.  My body continues not to function properly and certain areas get overworked.  If I could just be balanced and even, I'd be right back into the swing of things.  While the workout was good today, I feel generally frustrated with the soreness and tightness.

Tuesday, September 11th
a.m. 15 minutes of stretching
p.m. 6 miles in Champlain Preserve in a perceived effort of 7:15/mile.  I'm starting to get tired of the usual Weekapaug roads and have been generally bored out there as of late.  On this cool, crisp fall day, I really wanted it to feel like cross country.  Interestingly enough, I had less pain on my right side today.  Could it have been from all of the different movements a runner needs to make on the trail? I'd like to think so.  Fun day.

Wednesday, September 12th
a.m. 15 minutes stretching
p.m.. 3+ miles.  With another short window to run, I ran a little under 4 miles with Kelsey and Lulu.  Very sore on both sides.

Thursday, September 13th
a.m. 10 minute stretch
p.m. 3 miles with Lulu at a solid clip.  Less soreness today.  Quick stretch afterwards.

Friday, September 14th
a.m. 7 miler from Jeff's house down into town, up the hospital hill, and back around.  We finished this bad boy prior to 5:40 am.  I even had the chance to cover a road or two that I had never been on before.  The general tightness was there, but not as bad as Wednesday.

p.m. 1 miler around the block with Lulu prior to some mowing. Tight

Saturday, September 15th
4 mile run from Weekapaug Breachway on the beach to the state beach and back around on the roads.

Random Thoughts from this one:
It was high tide and my feet dug deep into the sand every time I landed.  I noticed lots of people fishing.  As I approached the state beach, I noticed a huge Roller Coaster.  From a distance, it looked like Jersey Shore.  I wonder if "The Situation" was in the area.  Hammered it home once I jumped on the road.


Spent the rest of the day spreading loom with the hopes of having a nicer front lawn.


Weekly Totals:
Running: 29 miles
Core/Stretching/Weights: 55 minutes
Biking: 60 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Trails are your friend. Glad you are running more. Saw you a week or so ago cranking on Shore Road. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete