Product

Sunday, September 2, 2012

9/2 through 9/8

Sunday, September 2nd
a.m. 4.5 miles with Jeff from his house, down throughout Misquamicut for a short hop on the beach, and back up through quiet beach roads.  It felt good to get back out there with Jeff-it made me feel like I'm getting back into the game! 15 minutes of stretching when I returned home.

p.m. 2+ on Misquamicut State Beach.  Okay, so this wasn't part of my rehab plan!  After arriving at the beach with Kelsey, I decided sitting in the chair wasn't exactly my idea of fun.  Based upon my morning run, I knew I felt okay enough to go for a little jaunt.  As anyone who is familiar with Misquamicut State Beach can imagine, the scenery on this run was quite entertaining.  I think I had a legit old man Elvis sighting a long the way..

Monday, September 3rd
a.m. 40 minutes of pushups, core, & stretching while watching the dismal New England Sports report on TV.

p.m. 5 mile run down through Shore Road with a Misquamicut Beach finish.  Took a quick plunge in the ocean followed by a quick beach snooze.   The run itself felt pretty good, I was moving comfortably throughout.  The onset of tightness came around 20 minutes.  Things are definitely improving, but this run knocked out my illusions of running Surftown...even if I wasn't going at race pace.  One another positive note, I measured this one out and was throwing down 6:36 a mile with no problems.

Tuesday, September 4th
a.m.-15 minutes of stretching.
p.m.-4.5 miles down to the beach and through Weekapaug.  As I was crossing through the right-away by the Weekapaug Inn, I thought to myself, "It's gotta be almost 100% humidity out here."  Not even twenty seconds later, it started to pour.  I hoofed it home and had fun in the process.  I was quite tight when I finished and run sub 7 minute pace throughout.  Knowing I'll have no chance to run tomorrow, I was really happy to get a fourth consecutive day of running in.  I haven't run four consecutive days since the earlier part of July.

Wednesday, September 5th
Very busy day-20 minutes of push-ups, pull-ups, and light stretching.

Thursday, September 6th
a.m.-15 minute of stretching
p.m.-5 miles down to Fenway Beach and through Weekapaug.  Sort of ran with Kelsey by adding in a series of different loops & add-ons while staying in proximity of her throughout the run.  It was like a game of cat & mouse!  Very humid and the waves out there were not as impressive as predicted.  Fun run, but sore of right side and felt like I was running harder than I actually was (6:40 pace).  Finished with 15 minutes of stretching.


Gazelle Sightings: 1
However, it's not as easy to recognize that cat when he is cruising in a car.


Friday, September 7th
7 miles...my new long run (well, at least since the beginning of July).
Met with up the multi-talented Gazelle nice and early to bang out a 7 miler down through Misquamicut, back through Weekapaug on the beach, and back home.  It was fun get this one in before my work even started.  (7:12 pace-but we definitely had to slow up while running on the beach).  I'd like to make these runs a Friday morning ritual!

Tightness on the right side, but forward progress.


Saturday, September 8th
a.m. 4+ miles very early again. (6:40 pace).  I didn't feel like I was pushing, but my right quad was screaming at me most of the run.  It's quite interesting how the body works or doesn't work.  Decent waves out there,

p.m.-Covered the last 5 miles of the Run Around the Block with Kelsey.  I think I was definitely able to help her out and I'm guessing we were running around 8 minute/mile pace.  Fun event, but I would have rather been racing out there.   My right quad continues to be upset with me. Did some monster body surfing before catching the ferry home.  

Weekly Totals
Running miles: 37 (highest mileage week since early July)
Lifting/Core/Stretching: 2 hours, 10 minutes (seriously!?!)
Biking: 0

I actually felt like a runner again this week.   While I continue to improve, my body is still off and I  can't lose sight of that.  Moving forward,  I want to carefully rebuild my running program while incorporating active recovery and core work.

No comments:

Post a Comment