Product

Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16th through September 22nd

Sunday, September 16th
a.m. 5 miles from my house through the roads of Misquamicut to pick up Dave's race number for the Surftown Half.  This was a fun run because I'd be covering part of the race course.  While on Atlantic, I came across one of the surf board mile markers and decided to run relatively hard to the next mile marker.  I ended up running a 6:15 pretty comfortably.   Watched the Trail Gods play the role of Road Warriors today in the race.  Congrats to WTAC runners: Justin, Jeff, Mike B. Mike C., and Dave on some very solid racing.

p.m. 3 mile loop on area roads. 6:30 pace.

Monday, September 17th
a.m, 15 minute stretch
p.m. 5 miles on local roads with a hop on Fenway Beach in the middle.
Quads were especially sore today. 6:45/mile pace.

Tuesday, September 18th
a.m. 10 minute stretch
p.m. 40 minutes of push-ups, pull-ups, bent over rows, curls, abs, and stretching.
I was due to take the day off and have been feeling kind of bummed out that I haven't been able to train normally.  My quads constantly feel extremely tight and I've been having difficulty getting comfortable on the roads.  Injuries are frustrating and heal at their own pace. Errrrr...

Wednesday, September 19th
a.m. 15 minute stretch
p.m. 6 miler untimed down through Weekapaug, Fenway Beach, and area roads.  My body felt better than Tuesday, but my quads still didn't seem too happy with me.

Thursday, September 20th
a.m. 15 minute stretch
p.m. 4 miles with Lulu down to the beach.  Once we hit the beach, the dog was ready to fly.  We hammered it home from there.  Sore, but a bit better than yesterday.

Friday, September 21st
7 miles dark and early with Jeff.  Avondale, Browning Road, Ocean View Highway, and Misquamicut area.  Wicked neat running through Misquamicut this early!

Saturday, September 22nd
a.m. 3 miles with Lulu through Weekapauug..cruising at 6:30 pace.  Like Thursday, the dog hammered the last mile.  Fun.

p.m. 3 mile neighborhood loop..decent effort.

Weekly Totals:
Running Miles: 36
Stretching/Core/Lifting: 1 hour, 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment