Product

Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 22nd through April 28th

Sunday, April 22nd
7 miles
AM-3 miles with Kelsey and Lulu to go visit my parents before the rain came.  Thought about driving over, but didn't feel like polluting the environment.  It's kind of nice to get to a necessary destination under your own power.  Some may call these kind of runs junk miles, I call them a way of life.

PM-4 miles on the treadmill 25 minutes.

Monday, April 23rd
Planned off day, but did some cross training.
Circuits-pushups, pullups, 1 minute walk on highest treadmill incline
Shoulder press, abs, etc.  Very good cross training workout after a long day of work.

Tuesday, April 24th
Unplanned off day...work and life didn't allow me to get out there today.

Wednesday, April 25th
6 miles
AM-3 miles on the treadmill..20 minutes.
4:30 am run-I wasn't sure if my day would allow me any other opportunity.  There was no way I was taking off three days in a row.

PM-3 miles easy with Kelsey and Lulu through Weekapaug.  I only had the opportunity to come home for 45 minutes before night work obligations.  Fortunately, I have a girlfriend and dog that like to spend "quality time" out on the roads.  I ate this one up!

Thursday, April 26th
7 miles
2.5 with the girls followed up by another 4.5 miles through Weekapaug down through Misquamicut and back up through Noyes Neck.
6:17 was my mile pace for my 4.5 miles.

Kelsey was on the bike for the second half of my run and was sure to remind me that I was sucking wind!  "Who's huffing and puffing now?  Try to keep up with me now buddy!  Ha Ha Ha!"  Serves me right!  Fun run.

My training this week ended up being completely unplanned.  As I think about it, I'm happy for the opportunities I did have to get out there.  I didn't get a solid workout in but I did get in some harder running today.  You have to be flexible. Life happens my friends!

Friday, April 27th
6 miles, 40 minutes
Solo today..ran from my house, through Shore Road, up the Moonlight Hills, down through Rockridge Road and did some loops around.  The hills definitely kept things honest today and the wind made me really work for it.   As I ran through Rockridge, I wondered if I'd have a Gazelle encounter?   Solid run.

Saturday, April 28th
11 miles
8+ with the Trails Gods and new guy Mike B. in Grills Preserve.  I love stomping through these trails!  It's always neat to climb to the top of BIG Hill and stop to check things out.  Great conversations and a relaxed pace.  Jeff was even willing to listen to a story from my high school glory days.

2.5 miles with the girls..Piezzo loop.
Followed my some serious mwoing.


Weekly Miles
37 miles.  Regarding mileage, a strong finish to an otherwise lackluster week.  I was unable to get a workout into the mix, but was able to put  a strong effort in on Thursday.  I'm not a big fan of running 11 miles the day before a race, but would never pass up the opportunity for a trail run or run with the girls.  Hoping to get back into the 40s this upcoming week with a workout, long run, and core workout.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment