Product

Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 5 to 11

As we move towards the colder weather and winter months, I figured it might be somewhat motivational to try to blog again.  I haven't raced much this fall, but that's okay.  I've enjoyed just getting out there every day with no major focus at hand.  The medium distance runs leave me feeling like I got a good workout in without the beat down feeling long runs can leave you with.

November 5th: 6.6 miles with the dogs at 6:59 pace.  Upon waking up and making my way downstairs, I noticed some pain and tightness in my hamstring.  I could really feel it as I sat down to tie my shoes but opted to go running anyway.  I had a very active Sunday with a mixture of running, family stuff, and lots of yard work but do not remember any particular event that could have caused this.  Oh well, run on...just not fast.

November 6th: 6.8 miles...most of them with Riley and a little over a mile at the end with Lulu.  It was a really dreary morning and my hamstring felt much the same as it did Monday.  6:57 pace for the run..still can't run fast

November 7th: 6.6 miles...4+ with Riley and 2+ with Lulu..warm and windy this morning with a very clear sky.  My hammy was still jammed up but I noticed a small improvement from Tuesday.  6:51 pace for the run.

November 8th: 6.6. miles with the dogs again...first 5 miles with Riley through the Rockridge Loop.  Most of the run was uneventful besides dealing with a few unsafe motorists.  While closing in on my house and still in the dark, Riley made a hard charge toward something.  It happened to be a small deer.  Instead of just running off, the deer actually ran straight directly in a front of us for a short time.  I think the deer and I were equally confused, while Riley knew exactly what was up.  I then picked up Lulu to finish the remainder of my run.  My hamstring was still not great and especially tight on hills.  Not overly painful, but not good either.

November 9th: 30 minutes of light core work.  Still feeling the hamstring issue that feels like it carries over into my groin area.  Nothing major but I need to be careful not to overdo it.

November 10th: 6.7 miles from the Y through town.  Visited my Dad at RB and ran back on East Ave.  Hammy still tight but I was able to move today.  Finished with a 500yd swim, which felt great.

November 11th: Landtrust 5k, 16:55, 1st Results
First time under 17 in two years.  Getting back under 17 was a big goal of mine for 2018, so it was fulfilling to pull it off.  With my questionable hamstring going into the race, I had no time expectation.  Throughout the race, I didn't look at my watch once. I only knew I hit my 2 mile in around 10:45 thanks to Matthew, which was helpful information.  Swirling winds and cool temps this morning.  Good fun supporting the Land Trust at this little race.  Warmup with Shara, Haley, and Jeff/cooldown with the girls.
Off the starting line.

Team B post race



PM: 1.1 miles with the dogs after spending most of the day doing yard work. I brought each dog about .6 miles around my block.  I pitched this one as the dogs needed to get out there, but it really was a shameless effort to get over 40 mpw.

Weekly Mileage: 41
Swimming: 500 yds
Core/stretch: 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment