Product

Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 19 to 25

Monday, 2/19: 7.1 mile President's Day Trot with the dogs.  Ran Riley for 6 with a chunk of the run on Weekapaug Golf Course and ran a peppy 5:52 mile with Lulu to close out the run. 6:38 average pace for the run.  Highlight of the day: taking Haley for her first walk in the a wagon.  Good fun!

Tuesday, 2/20: dark and foggy 6.1 mile with Riley.  Finished with 5 strides. Average pace of 6:55. Tired. JW sighting.

Wednesday, 2/21: 6.75 miles.  Ran first 3+ miles with Riley and then did 4 sets of ups & downs on Meadowridge and Materese Hills.  Trashed after 3 sets, short rest, good workout. Average of 6:42 pace.

Thursday, 2/22: 5.6 miles in the rain with the dogs.  Pleasantly surprised when I came home with Riley that Lulu wanted to get out there as well.  6:52 average.

PT: Session #6..more neck and back work.

Friday, 2/23: 45 minutes of mobility work.  Stretching and rolling.  I'm a tight dude.  I've been starting to think about post marathon plans when I have more "flexibility" (haha) in my training.  Thinking of incorporating pilates or more core work.

Saturday, 2/24: A 16 miler roller starting from my house starting a little after 6 am.  While I would have loved to put off this run to later in the day or Sunday, I needed to get out there due to Saturday afternoon commitments and predicted Sunday rain.  I ran down Rt. 1, then through 216, up Chase Hill Road, Hiscox, Potter Hill, Boombridge, White Rock, Canal Street, Wilcox Park, and finished up at the Y.  The rolling hills were a good challenge and I was cursing myself at the top of Chase Hill and while climbing Potter Hill.  Average pace of 6:40/mile. LR #9

Sunday, 2/25: 6.1 mile rainy and raw run down Shore Road, Nantucket (dirt road), down by the water, Brightman, and back home.  I had the wind with me going out and in my face heading home.  Finished with four half hearted strides.


Weekly Mileage: 47+ miles.
Synopsis: A solid, but not great week of mileage.  Highlights: getting in another workout and the long run.  I'm been trying to focus on running up and down hills as that's exactly what I'm going to face in Beantown.  Negatives: while my neck & back are improving, I'm still experiencing some pain and continue on with PT, which is a good thing.  I'm also struggling with the boredom, grind, and tiredness that come from the weekly long run.  I have 6 more LRs and 7 weeks until game time.  I hope to get in some pace work and solid, healthy weeks between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment