Product

Monday, February 9, 2015

Things are getting better.

Super 5k. One of my favorites.
In an effort to prevent my blog followers from utter boredom,  I haven't been posting much lately.  So here is a brief update on my status as a runner and still wannabe triathlete.

-Still going to PT every couple of weeks and I am making progress.  Progress may be slow but it is there.  My physical therapist gave me a pretty cool car analogy today.  Here goes-"When a car is brand new, you don't really have to service it that much.  As the car gets older, you have to start servicing it more to make sure it's running correctly and prevent it from breaking it down.  Think of these exercises as maintenance for your body."

-Super 5k.  17:30.  First race in almost 6 months.  Not an impressive time but I'll certainly take it considering my lack of miles, speed work, and running in general (two weeks prior to the race I only ran a grand total of 7 miles).  Fun to get back out racing with WTAC.

-Running.  Despite some general soreness and tightness in my left knee, I'm doing okay.  Most runs are around 3-5 miles with Shara and the dogs at a solid clip.  Slowly trying to get light speed work in and longer runs up to 8 miles

-Moving forward.  Need to keep doing strengthening and PT exercises.  Stay away from any run longer than 10 miles for a long time..maybe forever!  Don't forget to take off days.  No dreams or aspirations of competing in anything long.  Healthy movement is more important to me. Looking forward to improving my times and getting back under 17 for the 5k.

Sending positive energy!
Tommy 5k


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on the right track, Tommy! Seeing a PT this Tuesday, I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting old sucks. Glad to see you out there running again!

    ReplyDelete