Product

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 23rd to 29th

With no goal races in site and two "down" races in a row,  I'm kind of bumming about training right now.  I'll still get out there though.

Sunday: 5+ miles with Gazelle at a comfortable pace.  We chatted it up about our respective races and shared battle stories.

Monday: 6+ miles through Moonlight Hills, Shore Road, and Weekapaug.  A very windy afternoon recovery run with some swirling winds.  Trued to rush this run in since I had to be back at work a little after 6 pm. Almost turned into a progression run-ran two of my later miles right around low 6.

Tuesday: SHS Outdoor Track Distance Project.
Continuing on into the spring with my gig as Volunteer Distance Coach for my school's track team. I develop all of the distance kids training programs and do my best to attend a practice or two a week. The one stipulation I have put out there is that I don't want to stand around, let me work out with the kids.  I usually gauge my pace off of the team's faster runners (well, until I can get some that can kick my butt).  So after sneaking out of the office around 3 pm, I headed to the track with no idea how many and what kind of athletes I would be working with (only 2 distance returnees from Indoor).  I was immediately pleasantly surprised to find about 14 distance kids with an equal mix of boys and girls. Awesome!
4X200, 2X400, 1X600, 2X400, 4X200
(Split ranges- 200s 32-35, 400s 68-70, 600 147)
Did a cooldown and stretch with the kids..only like 3 miles on the day but it was fun.

Wednesday: 6 mile treadmill run..37:15..some nice scenery, which motivated me to run an extra mile or two on the mill.  Followed up with a 1500 yd swim.

Thursday: 0..a flu/bug has hit..extremely lethargic and tired even doing the easiest tasks.  Rare sick day from work.

Friday: 3.5 mile wind run with Lulu..felt beat.

Saturday: 4+ miles incorporating 4X400 w/45 sec recovery at Hell Field..didn't make hard efforts on the 4s..just trying to get back into the swing of things.  After the run, I ventured out with Shara for a bike ride.  Over the winter, she picked up a road bike..her first ride in the US..we covered 10 miles at a casual clip.  Nice to be outside on the bike.  I'll try to get out once a week know and may ride my hybrid until roads have less salt, dirt, and rocks.

Totals:
Miles: 6X, 30 miles
Lulu: 1X, 3 miles
Swim: 1X, 1500yds
Bike: 1X, 10 miles, 40 minutes
Core: some stretching

Not much of a training week--I did somehow get light amount of everything in..stomach bug wrecked havoc on the later part of the week.  Happy to get a quality workout in on Tuesday and finally making it out on the bike for the first time in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment