Product

Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16th through March 22nd

Since I still don't feel 100% from the Ocean's Run, I'm planning on taking this week easy in anticipation for next Holyoke St. Patrick's 10k.  Hopefully, the race will go well.  Regardless of the outcome, I hope to get out on the bike and ramp out TRI training within a few weeks of this race.

***The LEVEL does it right..
Bob Rosen is the father of a good friend, Jon, who ran XC/Track for Tufts.  We were high schools rivals and later friends/training partners.  When Jon went to teach in Kenya for a year right after college he developed a rag tag high school running team.  He met and developed Philemon Terer.

The kid at the end of the video, Dave Estabrook, ran for Westfield State right after I left and now coaches XC at my alma mater, Chicopee High.

Sunday-
Run 1:4 miles on the treadmill at an easy pace.  Kind of funny-whenever I run on my treadmill, it always feels hard..whether it's 730 pace or 6 flat.  After recently running on the Y treadmill at a faster pace that felt easy, I was starting to wonder if it was all mental.  So today, I jumped off the machine midrun and figured out that an unflat basement floor was somehow contributing to the problem. Moved the mill and things were better. Still despise this machine!

Run 2: 3+ easy miles in Weekapaug with Shara and Lulu..frigid.

Monday-7.4 mile beach run..6:37 pace. Felt okay. Tired of the cold and wind.

Tuesday-5+ miles with Lulu.  Incorporating some strides at the end..another day of feeling tired and run down. Post run: pushups, sit-ups, and stretch.

Wednesday-8+ miles..Warmup, 4X hillpops and 4X400(73, 73, 73, 72) w/Gazelle.  Another very windy afternoon.  This will be my last hard effort before Holyoke.

Thursday-2400yd swim.

Friday: 4 miles easy with Lulu.



Totals:
Run: 7X, 40 miles
Lulu: 2X, 8 miles
Swim:1X, 2400yds
Bike: 0
Core: 1X, 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment