Product

Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7th through July 13th

Sunday-8 miles with Muddy on Misquamicut roads.  It was only 7 am, but it was still hot and humid.  I think Muddy ended up with a total of 13 miles for his run..the post-run splash/body surf was the highlight of the run.  Post run quick stretch followed by tree cutting.

Monday-16 to 18 mile bike on local roads..took about an hour..didn't measure, just rode.

Tuesday- a.m. Track Workout with Mike (Which Way?) at WHS.
I arrived at approximately 4:45 and Mike already had a mile and a half warmup in the bag.  Does he sleep at all?  We warmed up for another mile and dug in..
600-400-200-600-400-200 w/jog rest
147, 70, 32, 145, 68, 31
Short jogdown..(4)

p.m. Dog Watch Fun Run w/Gazelle & Boumenot
After work I was feeling extra lazy and tired.  The physical therapist "officially" diagnosed me with IT Band Syndrome and tendonitis yesterday.   The idea of taking a nap and laying around sounded really nice.  All of sudden a text message from Gazelle (fresh off of a mountain journey) comes in.."I'm definitely in for Stonington tonight..let me know if you want a ride."  Thinking about it, I figured a few of the WTAC Cats would be down there.  My boy Crutch finally made out it out last week and seemed game to come back this week ("Beers and running talk on the back deck afterward.  Great night.  Love the Borough!  See you all next week!" Crutch's Blog, 7/2/13).  After thinking about hanging out with the Gazelle, Boumenot, and Crutch,  I told myself to man up.  When I arrived, no Crutch!

Warmed up with Gazelle and Boumenot for about a mile.  Gazelle and I agreed to run 6:30s..that didn't happen..ran low 6s and high 5s..finished in 18:15.  Mile hard warmdown w/Gazelle. (5)

Wednesday-a.m. 30 minute ocean swim in my new wetsuit with Gazelle, Schooning, & Larry Orlando. Still working on my form but actually felt strong out there today.  Special thanks to Mike B. for letting me use his wetsuit for the past couple months..much appreciated!

p.m. WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run 5k, 17:47 1st
Warmed up solo for about a mile.
Trying to control myself I decided to do a workout with this run and do 1 minute hard/1 minute easy.  Hit the mile in 5:30, 2 mile in around 11:15...Played cat and mouse with strong teen runner Nick C.   When I finished my last hard minute on the final turn, I knew Nick was within striking distance and finished it strong.  It's only a matter of time before I'm constantly trying to chase down the kid.   I was really happy with how this workout went.  Mile warmdown with Boumenot..fun stuff!
(5)

Thursday-1200 yd swim at the Y.  In a genius move, I forgot my goggles at home.  Right before arriving at the Y, I realized I didn't have them and figured I'd ask the life guard if there was a pair hanging around..no dice.  It made the swim harder and less fun.  Finished off with 20 minutes of aqua jogging.

I had a late afternoon visit to the physical therapist for my ITB and tendonitis.  I did some exercises and had some therapy on my achilles area.

Friday-Week 4 of Run/Splash with Gazelle.  After a late night, I was looking for a later start!  Gazelle was doing a longish run of about 13 miles.  I met him at the gazebo in Watch Hill for an additional 7+.  While the air was cool, the humidity was up.  Throughout the run, I was looking for any sprinkler I could find to stick my head into.  We ran pretty fast throughout the run and had some good climbs, especially on No Bottom Road.  We hopped onto the beach for the last few miles and cranked out the final mile in 6:15.  We finished the run right in front of Taylor's House...as we cruised down, the guards were looking at us like we were nuts.  Enjoyed a splash in the ocean post run and it felt really good on the legs. 7+

Saturday-BRICK
18 mile easier ride with Gazelle.  We picked up Lulu to run 3+ miles on the rain potion. Ended up getting poured on for a few minutes.

Totals:
Run: 5X, 37 miles
Lulu run miles/walks: 1X, 3 miles
Bike: 1X, 34 miles
Swim: 2X, 2400 yds
Core/Lift/Stretch: 2X, 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment