Product

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 14th through July 20th

Sunday-SAILFEST 5k, 16:43, 5th
Results

I was really on the fence with this one..I needed a race to pump me up..haven't put anything good together or been pumped up to run since the Foot Pursuit..knew the Gazelle family would be running...and was working on meeting up with an old college teammate who was vacationing in the area..enter Sailfest 5k!

When I woke up, I knew the morning was going to be a big ole' hot and humid suffer fest.  Warmed up close to 2 miles with the guys..The race was everything I expected-competitive field, challenging course, and hot.  Overall, I was really pleased with my effort.  I even passed a guy in the fast 3/4 of a mile..felt beat towards the end, but I think everybody did.

Monday-5 miles..33.09..nasty heat.

Tuesday-Brick Workout.
16 mile bike through Watch Hill area..50 minutes
3.3 mile run in 19:48.

Wednesday-a.m. 40 minute swim with Gazelle, Schonning, Duda, and Orlando from the Town Beach.
p.m. Mile Warmup/WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run..17:53..nasty hot, very tired.

Thursday-5+ mile run in oppressive heat...6:18 pace.

Friday-5th Installment of the Beach Run n Splash..6 miles..45:52..
Splashed at Fenway Beach.

Saturday-Hill n Beach Bash Ride w/Gazelle..36 miles. 2:03
We really rocked a Strava segment of this ride..we tied for 3rd out of 239 on a section..pumped about it because my cycling skills aren't the best.

Totals:
Run: 6X, 24 miles
Lulu: 0 miles
Swim: 1X, 1 mile..not enough for the week
Bike: 2X, 52 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment