Product

Sunday, April 7, 2013

March 31th through April 6th-ICY HOT

Oh man..Big River really did a job on me.  Pre-race, I had it in my head that if I didn't go full throttle, I'd be fine.  Turns out, it didn't matter.  The soreness and tightness in left calf and right up to my hip was pretty strong right from when I finished the race up until late in the week.  Rather than being able to highlight some great training runs, my focus this week was on my leg's inflammation and the use of tons of Icy Hot to mask the pain/irritation.

Sunday, March 31th
40 minutes of stretching, push-ups, and core work.
I hobbled around most of the day!

Monday, April 1st
Attempted to run...lasted 1 minute before I had to walk home.pril
More push-ups, weights, and core activity.

Tuesday, April 2nd
45 minute bike ride from Shore Road through Misquamicut.
Gazelle Sighting: 1

Wednesday, April 3rd
3 miles...I muscled my way through a short loop and had various periods of pain and tightness.  I was happy to make it through the run without stopping.  Stretched for 15 minutes afterwards.

Thursday, April 4th
Attempted to run and that nasty tightness made it hard for me to run...I made it two minutes.  At this point, I had serious doubts I'd be running the Clamdigger 5k.

40 minute stretch, foam roll, and push-up routine.  I banged out a ton of push-ups today.

Friday, April 5th
Light 2.5 mile run...tight, but happy to make it through.

Saturday, April 6th
Light 2.5 mile run...some tightness, but plan on giving the Clamdigger a go...even if I have to jog that badboy!

Miles: 8
Lulu's Miles: 0
Biking: 40 minutes
Core/Stretch: 2 hours

Overall, a really poor running week.  The on-going tightness and soreness really concerns me.  As fun as it is to run and race in the trails, my body can't handle them too much at this point.  I'm going to try to increase my running, but will also listen to my body over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Crap I feel guilty about pushing the Big River race. I hope your Clamdigger result is a sign that you a feeling good again.

    ReplyDelete