Product

Monday, April 22, 2013

April 21st through April 27th-Working out the Kinks

As I reflect on the first third of my training year, I immediately notice that I have not been able to establish any kind of consistency to my running routine.  A good week here is followed up with a bad week there.  The good thing for me is that I'm always motivated to run.  If I can't run, I try to find other ways to challenge myself.  So for this week, I'm going to run when I can and fill in the blanks with triathlon and strength training.  I'm going to make a midweek decision on this weekend's State Police Foot Pursuit 5k down in Gansett.  I hope to work out the kinks in time..

Sunday-
a.m. 1000+yds of swimming at the Y.  Very solid workout.
p.m. 5k run with Lulu: 19:21 with pit stops!!! Wow
Stretch & Roll

Monday-
4.5 miles on Weekapaug Roads and down on the beach with Lulu.
We ended up running just under 7 minutes a mile, but with a swirling wind it felt like we were hammering most of the time.

Tuesday-
1000 yd swim with Gazelle at the Y.
We did a neat workout...300 yd warmup, 2X100 yd with flippers, 2X100 yd with leg thingy, 2X 50yd with kick board (very hard for me), 2X50 yd sprint, warmdown.

When we entered the pool area today, we were quickly informed that "Aqua Zumba" would be starting in 5 minutes.  Our first thought was, "Oh man, now what?"  The life guard quickly let us know that a few lanes would remain open,  Gazelle and I ended up rocking out our laps to Ricky Martin and a number of other Latin Hits!!  As I was struggling with the kick board drill, I contemplated sneaking away from the Gazelle and joining in on the zumba.  !Hace Calor!

Wednesday-
Feeling really tight and uncomfortable on my left side..knee tightness and heal soreness resembling bursitis (I had issues with this about 5 years ago in the same spot).  I also wanted to run today though so I could make a decision on the Foot Pursuit.

-3 miles pretty quick with Lulu.
-Biked a mile to HELL Field
-4X400m w/ 1 minute rest
75, 73, 73, 73, 73, 71, 72, 70
-Biked a mile home
(5 run, 2 bike)

At times, I felt tired during these reps and felt like I was going through the motions.  I kept plugging through and ended up being fairly satisfied with my results.  The point of the biking to just give my legs a break without being a total sissy.

Thursday: 0
A full zero..not fun.

Friday:
a.m. 900 yd swim with Gazelle at the Y.  We worked on various strokes..great start to the day
p.m. 3 miles with Lulu through Weekapaug followed up by another visit to the chiropractor.

Saturday: 30 miles on the bike and a 3 mile run with Gazelle.
Awesome ride and run..during the run, my left calf/leg area started to tighten up a lot and it made me get concerned at the Foot Pursuit Race.

p.m. ate at Crazy Burger for the first time..had a salmon burger and fries!! yum

Totals:
Miles: 18.5
Lulu's Miles: 13.5
Swim: Close to 3000 yds.
Core/Stretch/Weights: not enough
Bike: 32 miles

1 comment:

  1. Work out those kinks, mister, I'll be needing you to push me in a stroller for that race...

    ReplyDelete