Product

Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24th through March 2nd-Back in Black!

As an inspiration from the tunes I've been listening to during my P90x workouts, this week's theme is Back in Black.  Based off of all my commitments this week, most of my workouts are going to be taking place in the dark.  Regardless of possible obstacles, I will find a way to get some quality work in there.  "Yes, I'm back in black."

Sunday, February 24th
a.m. Met with Gazelle at Y for a solid 6 miles through the North End of Westerly.  Fortunately for us, the rain held out and we run under a light mist.  Conditions were actually really nice for running.  We hit some solid hills along the way, that Gazelle loves his hills!  The highlight of run occurred when we ran until an elderly gentleman in the North End who was completely baffled and quite possibly mesmerized by the sight of crazed runners crusin' through the streets!  Since I haven't been running much, I was quite curious on our splits (727, 640, 641, 615, 621, 621).  We were both really happy with the last three miles since it did not feel like me were pushing it out there.  On a negative, tightness came into play it the IT band area around 5 miles.

p.m. 40 minutes of rolling, stretching, and core.
-yoga sequence, abs, modified burpee, bentover rows, abs, bridges, hip exercise.

Monday, February 25th
P90x Chest & Back @ 430am

Tuesday, February 26th
P90x legs @430 am

Wednesday, February 27th
a.m. 3 miles on  the treadmill at 445 am, followed by a light stretch.
p.m. Went to the Uconn vs. Georgetown Basketball Game.  Hoyas pulled out the win in double overtime.  It was the best live basketball game I've ever scene.

Thursday, February 28th
p.m. 3 mile run with Lulu on local roads.  I was somewhat tight, but no major issues.
Played in the MMS Student/Staff Basketball Game.  I reluctantly decided to play in the game with the hopes that I wouldn't further aggravate anything.  Not only was I able to move well around on the court, but I felt good doing it!!

Friday, March 1st
P90X Core Synergistics-60 minutes
There were portions of the activity that I found really difficult and there were other aspects of the workout that felt really doable.   I definitely worked some running muscles in this one.

Saturday, March 2nd- A Run Down Memory Lane
6 miles on Charlestown Beach Roads with Gazelle.  We reminisced about our different experiences in CTOWN from back in the day.  Gazelle told me about his days of running  grueling 2 to 3 milers on the beach roads.  Meanwhile, I  thought about my days as a young lad eating enormous mounds of ice cream from the shop on Charlestown Beach Road.  Fun run and nice change of scenery.  No pain today!


Totals
Miles: 18
Lulu's miles: 3
P90x: Chest & Back, Legs, Core Synergistics
Core/Stretch/Other: 80 minutes

YTD: 276
Lulu: 43

Back in Black Synopsis
Highs: bookend runs with Gazelle, playing in the basketball game,  some pain free running, and getting Lulu back out there.
Lows: mileage, no yoga, not being out of woods with injury

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I had "Back in Black" on my playlist today during my run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that there are themes to each week. Please continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete