Product

Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6th through 12th

Sunday-After four hours of traveling and catching up on chores, I was long overdue for a run. Despite gusty winds, I ran a 10k at a pretty solid pace (just under 39 minutes).

Monday: SHS Distance Project..8X400 (all ranged 68-69).  Funny, the kids were extremely consistent as well.  Gusty on the back 100 on the track. (5)

Tuesday: 2500yd swim..500-400-300-200-100-50-50, some drills w/fins, finished off with some 100s.  Wish I had better form, etc, but at least I made it into the water.
40 minute ride on stationary bike in my parents' basement.

Wednesday:
8.2 mile semi-progression run..around the pond loop-51:38, 6:19 pace..gusty.
Post-run: working on a sink hole in my parents' back yard.

Thursday: WTAC Rally Run..9 miles with Gazelle, Muddy, and Galoob from the Westerly Y up to the Town Forest and back around.  I ran trails for the first time in months today..we had plenty of mud, puddles, and small streams to run through on this one.  After popping out of the woods, we realized we had to hoof it back to the Y to meet up with the rest of the crew.  I was feeling it on the chase back...felt like 540s but without a Garmin, I had no idea.  Post run tour of the Grey Sail Brewing to celebrate WTAC 4th Season Win!  Great fun/great company.


Friday: SHS Distance Project..Cutdown workout..1200-800-600-400-200 on 2 minutes rest.
343, 224, 145, 67, 29
Already feeling trail soreness, I was struggling today.  I managed to bang out a 29 on the last 200 as the top high school guy came at me.

Saturday: Easy 19 mile ride with Gazelle, Boumenot, and Shara through Misquamicut. As part of the ride, we measured out the 5k course for Sunday's Clamdigger 5k.  Beautiful morning.

Totals:
Miles: 5X, 33 miles
Lulu: 0
Swim: 1X, 2500yds
Bike: 2X, 1:45, 30 miles
Core: 0

Synopsis:
Pros: two quality track workouts with the kids, a very fun run/brewery visit with WTAC, and a sign off life on the bike.
Cons: low mileage (although all of my runs were quality), only 1 swim, no runs with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment