Product

Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25th through December 1st

Sunday, November 25th
I decided to do an early afternoon workout at Ninigret with Kelsey.  I took our overall mile pace times from last weekend and put together a tempo workout with goal paces for each of us in mind.
2 mile warm-up
3X1000-3:23, 3:18, 3:18
4X200-35, 34, 33, 32
1 mile warm down

I was stiff starting out, but felt pretty good once the workout started.  Fun workout and a good way to remind the body how to run comfortably fast.

Monday, November 26th
7 miles of local roads...445 Club.
Today was one of those awesome work days where I wouldn't arrive home until late, so my best option was hitting the roads early.  The only sign of life I saw this morning was the newspaper guy.
Somewhat tired, somewhat sore, and it felt good to have a run under my belt before the day really began.

Tuesday, November 27th-Ego Check
a.m. 15 minute stretch

p.m. Ego Check

"Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! You don't own that plane, the taxpayers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you've lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers - and one admiral's daughter!" (Stinger).

I sure was "busted" today.  Top Gun is one of my all time favorite movies and this quote defines my workout performance for the day.

After chatting with Kelsey, we decided to do circuits in the basement.  Going into the workout, I was still feeling sore but figured I could bang out some hard miles on the treadmill during the run portions.  I was thinking of running all miles under 530 and hammering home the last couple of miles.

Here is what the workout plan consisted of:
1 mile hard on treadmill (Partner 1)
Core work consisted of abs, pushups, stretching (Partner 2)

We completed this rotation for a total of four times.  Here are my run splits:
Mile 1: 6:00 (warmed up and tried to loosen up)
Mile 2: 5:27
Mile 3: 5:18 pace...made it through .85 before stopping...felt like I was going to fall off.
Mile 4: 5:55 (warmdown)

15 minutes of light stretching.

Wednesday, November 28th
5+ miles on local roads.
First three with Kelsey and Lu at an easy 7:40 pace..quite sore on the right side.  After dropping them off at home, I turned on my GPS and went to work.  My intent was to run harder and see how much my hips would hurt.  I was also interested to see how fast I actually run when I put in short, hard efforts.  I ended up running 2.2 miles over rolling terrain at 5:56 pace.
Finished up with 15 minutes of stretching.

Thursday, November 29th
Forced 0..very tight and sore in the right hip.
Did some stretching in the evening (60 minutes)

Friday, November 30th
Decided to take another 0 today.
40 minutes of core work/lifting.

Saturday, December 1st
15 mile early morning ramble with WTAC Crew (Jeff, Jonny, Mike B., & Muddy).  A mixture of roads and Westerly Town Forest Trails.  We added telephone pole pick-ups midrun and finished with a moderately hard mile at the end of the run.  Tight in the beginning of the run, but loosened up as run progressed. Very fun.

Totals
Miles: 35
Stretching/Core/Weights: 2:40

4 comments:

  1. Curious if you estimated the interval distances like at Hell Field or measured? Pavement, grass, or trail? Seems like a fun workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I measured those interval distances out. We did the workout on the grass. I try to do most, if not all, of all of my workouts on soft surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have a space watch you need to join Strava....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn how to use that space watch correctly before I can even think about Strava!!

    ReplyDelete