Product

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 11th through November 17th

Sunday, November 11th
Avondale 5k 16:44, 1st
Results

Today was phase two of my experiment.  Basically, I wanted to see how my body would react to two consecutive days of racing.  Going into this race, I tried to stay relaxed but was particularly worried about how my body would respond.  With Jonny and Jeff getting faster every race, I went to the starting line knowing that I'd have my work cut out for me.

I lined up with the WTAC Crew and the gun went off!  Jonny blasted out of the blocks and I just wanted to stay within striking distance.  As we rounded one of the corners in the preserve, the wind came blasting at us.  I didn't want to make Jonny do all of the work, so I decided to run next to him into the wind.  I hit the mile around 5:15 with Jonny right behind me.  Throughout the remainder of the race, I was able to put some distance between Jonny, Jeff, and me.  I finished strong and felt great crossing the line.  Surprisingly, I felt like I had a but left in the tank.

While I have no immediate plans to double up on races, I will call this experiment a success.  A very fun day and great WTAC performances (including another victory for Kelsey). Congrats to Jeff  and Jonny on near PR performance and Mike C. for another breakthrough.  Great fun.



Pictures courtesy of the Walker's

Monday, November 12th
7 miles..half with Lulu and half on my own..local roads.  Sore, but feeling okay.

Tuesday, November 13th
6 miles..42 minutes..area roads in the dark.
Still not loving day light savings..thinking about changing my blog name to Run Dark.
Tried not to force the run today.  When I was a freshmen at Westfield State, I had a senior captain who always used to tell me that I needed to let the run come to me.  Back then, I didn't want to hear it.  Today, I understand what he meant.

15 minute stretch

Wednesday, November 14th
Another dark one.
2 mile warmup to Hell Field
8X400 ranging from 77 to 73.  Note: As much as I'd like to steal Mike G's workouts, this one was just a coincidence.
Tried to focus on pace and not get hurt in the dark.
3 mile cooldown..final mile with the dog.
(7)

I was especially sore on my right side today.  Due for a day off.
15 minute stretch

Thursday, November 15th
Threw down a 0 today.
45 minutes of weights, core, and stretching.

Friday, November 16th
7.5 miles with Jeff and Mike B..
445 Club here we go!
Local roads..Moonlight, Urso, Rockridge, Shore, Weekapaug Rd, Fenway Beach, Chapman, Noyes Neck, and back home.
Cruising around 645 pace throughout.  A great start to the day.

Saturday, November 17th
5+ miles, 40 minutes with Kel and Lulu and Ninigret.
Very sore/tight on right side..could even feel it when I walk.
15 minute stretch
Weekly Mileage: 38
Stretching/Core: 1:30

No comments:

Post a Comment