Product

Monday, May 7, 2012

May 6th through May 12th

Sunday, May 6th
6 miles
2 miles with the girls on the roads, followed by 4 miles on the Weekapaug Sand Trail.  I loved running on the sand trail--the resistance of running though the sand, ocean views, feel of nature, and joy of having those tiny, endangered birds try to dive bomb me throughout the run).  Fun!


 Congrats to Jeff on his SUB 3 hour finish at the COX Marathon!

Monday, May 7th
9 miles
6 miles of trail romping in Champlain..rolled my ankle a few times, but this run was awesome.
Surprisingly and unexpectedly, I was able to head back out for another 3 miles with the girls.

Tuesday, May 8th
6+ miles
Warmed up for close to a half hour with my female running friends.  I then had the bright idea of pulling out some racing flats from 2006 (Old School Asics DS Racers).  I placed some super feet insoles inside for a little extra support and then headed down to HELL Field to get some work done.

1200-800-1200-800-400-400 with 1 minute recovery between.
4:06, 2:33, 3:55, 2:33, 71, 69

I was ripped after I completed my first 1200...the pace felt fast and the stride seemed smooth, but my split sucked.  After that rep, I was much more focused and really happy with my splits.  I need to keep up with these workouts if I ever expect to run better times.

I haven't touched flats in almost six years.  I'll definitely give them some consideration come my next 5k.

Keep marching.

Wednesday, May 9th
0-planned off day/no time for anything fun day
Coached Unified Track and had work obligations into the night..

Thursday, May 10th
7 miles on local roads...Kelsey jumped on the bike for the second half of this run..finished strong, but nothing eventful..and back to work at night again..awesome.

Friday, May 11th
4+ miles, shot down to Dunes Beach...did some short sprints on the beach with Lulu as she spazzed out in the sand.  Took this run real easy.  Weather was awesome...

Saturday, May 12th
Block Island Shad Bloom Trail 10k
38:32, 2nd overall.


Very tough race.  Fun though.

Weekly Miles:
41


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on Shad Bloom. Did you actually get some sort of prize this time, or did they bypass 2nd place? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff..I actually landed a cool, little trophy for the Shad Bloom.

    ReplyDelete