Product

Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13th through May 19th

Sunday, May 13th
A very somber day..received a early morning phone call from my mom to tell me about the unexpected passing of my 34 year old cousin Frank.  Frank stood out as one of my favorite cousins for his fun personality and sense of humor.  He was also a very caring father to three young kids.  I feel very fortunate that I was able to see Frank one last time last Sunday on a visit to my grandma's last weekend.

I'm having a tough time processing this one.  Rest in peace buddy.        

8 miles of reflection.
Live life to it's fullest my friends.

Monday, May 14th
5 miles, 35 minutes
Very early treadmill run.
I went on a Chinatown Boston Field Trip with my school..ended up developing the symptoms of a stomach virus by mid morning..sick, feverish, and exhausted by night.

Tuesday, May 15th
3 mile jog..took in nice and easy.
I couldn't eat a solid meal, but found a way to get something light in.  If I can work, I can still run, right?

Wednesday, May 16th
7 miles down the Weekapaug Sand Trail to Quonnie Breachway and back.
Stomach still sore and body was sluggish, but feeling better.

Thursday, May 17th
6 miles of a trail/road mix. Did some trail blazing right by my house and finished things up with a cruise on Shore Road.  Prior to heading out the door, I was hoping to through some "pick-ups" in.  Once I started running, my body quickly told me otherwise.  I struggled through this run, but still had fun out there.  Found a pesky tick crawling around on my back when I came home.


Note to self: time to buy some new kicks.

Friday, May 18th
8+ miles in Champlain trails.  Awesome trail romp on a beautiful day.

Saturday, May 19th
6 miles on the roads around my house.

After attending my cousin's services up in Massachusetts, I made sure to check out the beach on a gorgeous late afternoon.

Weekly Miles
43


Needless to say, this was a really challenging week for me but I made sure to get out there as much as I could.  In good times or bad, running always provides me with balance and comfort.  Some days it is nice to get out there and reflect, while other days it's enjoyable to just bang miles and enjoy the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the normal swing of things and summer.  Another busy week coming up, but I'm looking forward to Memorial Day Weekend and a possible 5k to go along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Tom. "Live life to its fullest" - good words indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gazelle speaks the truth. ABSOLUTELY live life to the fullest! Run fun, my friend. Run fun.

    ReplyDelete