Product

Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 5th to 11th

Monday, February 5th-6.4 miles of dog jogging.  I ran the first 4 miles with Riley through Weekapaug and picked up Lulu for the last 2 as I ran from my house through Piezzo and back around. Decided to get Lulu running more than a mile again, she can do it!  An average of 6:46 pace for the run.  Temps were in the mid 30s with some wind. Other random notes:  JV sighting and spotted a plane way, way, way up in the air when I was running down Langworthy.  Sometimes it's cool to run in the dark and just look up at the school and realize how big the world actually is.  Good stuff.

Tuesday, February 6th-6 miles total at an average of 6:54 pace.  Struggled out of bed as H was up for a good chunk of the night.  Ran the first 4 with Riley again and almost 2 with Riley.  Finished with 4 strides.  Cool morning but nice out.  Neck/back ok but not great.

Wednesday, February 7th-6.3 mile trot with Riley.  Had a tough time waking up this morning.  2 miles into the run and my phone rang and it happened to be school.  With a looming storm, I found out school was cancelled for the day.  I knew I'd end up doing some work from home but the rest of my run could be laid back.  I would have went a bit longer but my stomach was acting up.  Riley was pretty happy out there.  6:46 pace for the run.  Beck/back okay again.

Thursday, February 8th-5.6 mile combined dog trot with Riley and Lulu.  Uneventful but I was feeling pretty tired.  Cut the run just as a few minutes short as I needed to get out of the house extra early for work.

PT in the afternoon-Session 4.  Back is all twisted up. Hoping it gets better soon.

Friday, February 9th-40 minutes of stretching.

Saturday, February 10th-17.1 miles @an average of 6:41 pace.  Left at 6 am from my house, out to Rt .1, Klondike, 216, Chase Hill Road, Potter Hill,  Springbrook, White Rock, Canal, around Wilcox Park, and a finish at the Y with a few minutes too spare before H's swim class.  I ran a nice, rolling course.  The weather was in the high 30s/low's 40s with some periods of light rain.  Roads were slick in most places, which I did not expect and I was surprised to see a sander on Rt. 1.  Overall, I felt pretty good but my neck and back did tighten up around mile 14.  Fun fact of the run: I ran through parts of Westerly, Charlestown, Hopkinton, and even touched into Pawcatuck.  Kind of liked this route for the variety it offered.   Week 7 of LRs.

Sunday, February 11th-5 miles in a steady rain at 6:43 pace.  Ran on local "trails" that I hasn't been down in quite sometime due to darkness.  I also checked out Ayers Rd., a "private" road off of Haversham.  Enjoyed the fantastic view of the salt pond towards the end of the road.  My quads started talking a little after 3 miles and I didn't have any plans of pressing distance, time, or pace and finished soaked.  Felt bad I didn't take Riley out on the account of rain..he wouldn't have minded it one bit.  However, neither one of us would have been too popular once we re-entered the house drenched.

Weekly mileage: 46.5 miles.
Synopsis:  Overall, a fine week.  The highlight was my long run as it included some varied terrain and built my aerobic capacity.  It was an okay week for my neck/back and I did have pain/soreness on some days, but nothing debilitating.  I didn't experience neck pain running until mile 14 or my LR.  I'm hoping with continued stretching, a dosage of Vitamin I when necessary, and weekly PT sessions, I'm able to get a good handle on my neck and back.  Other thoughts:  I'm happy with the paces of my LRs but need to do some pace work and get a 20 in.  Hoping for a strong week ahead. Onward!



No comments:

Post a Comment